From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:02:59 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote on 3/4/2004, 2:45 AM:

>I have some questions about the AFA ADV Research Fund, and I am hoping
>someone on this list can answer them.       <SNIP>
> My questions are:
> 1. When will the money be sent?  and
> 2. Is the AFA still collecting donations or not?

Those are some good questions.

I am not a spokes person for the AFA, and can not answer the first
question, but I can say that I have been told several times by several
different AFA Officers that since the end of 2002 the AFA is no longer
soliciting funds for ADV research.

Last July, Mary McCarty posted to the ADV list, in part "There was a
change in Health Affair Chairs around the time we decided to stop having
a specific ADV fund and there was some miscommunication on the status of
the money." This quote is taken from the ADVList message cited in the