From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:54:37 -0700
Hi everyone, We have been really busy with dog stuff, but I wanted to get
my two cents worth in on free roam ferts.

All of my guys get out between 5 and 6 in the morning.  Their cage is a
5 level, with alot of sleep stuff, and a few toys- the only time they are
in there is at night and if I need to have them out of the way for some
reason.  Otherwise, they have full run of the house until about 9 at
night.  They have great fun,and are well toned.  They spend the first 1/2
hr playing with me and each other, then the next making sure the toys are
where thet should be.  There are probably 8-10 places they can sleep, at
vaying temperatures, and all day someone comes crawling out for individual
attention.  As they get up I try to get them outside for a little time,
and sometimes they help me train dogs.  When we get home they make sure
everything is as it should be, have a snack, sleep for awhile, then it is
time to go to bed for the night.  The only other time they are caged is if
I can't directly supervise them, but they hate being left in there.  What I
have found is a good game is to get a bunch of small trash cans, load them
with toys, spread them around the house, and act indignant, and chase the
ferts as they knock them over and stash toys.They REALLY like this game.

Anyway, just another opinion.
Kisses to all ferts!