From:
Valerie Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 21:08:43 -0400
Ferrets love to remind us that they are always there following us around.  We
cheer aloud when one of us opens the pantry door and a ferret does not slip
into the pantry. When I hear my husband cheering and telling the ferrets he
was too quick for them, I know a door has been opened and closed w/o a ferret
slipping by him.  When we come home we have to block the front door with our
feet (like dog owners do when their dog wants to rush out when the owner
returns home from work) so a ferret doesn't escape.  (Sometimes they slip by
and I have to cahse them down outside.)  I agree with the owner that said
ferrets have excellent hearing.  My ferrets know which door is being opened
and dart to slip into the forbidden area before we are able to shut the door.
 Sound familiar? : )