From:
krishna nobleness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:51:14 -0600
Amen to the post about flames yesterday.  I'm the lurker who posted her
first message yesterday, and the main reason I didn't was because I didn't
want to get flamed.  I can handle it, I'm mature enough and strong enough, I
just didn't want to bother with the hassle.  And when I did post yesterday,
I almost added the line "please don't flame me", and then I thought, why
bother?  It's ridiculous that people have to attack someone for an opinion
or action.  Why was I worried about getting flamed?  Well, I stated that I
bought my MF ferrets from a pet store.  That's two strikes against me in a
lot of people's eyes right there.  From the way the MF debates had been
getting, I was not at all willing to get dragged in on that point, and I
wouldn't have been happy about being flamed for buying from a pet store
either.  I was uninformed.  I'd much rather get shelter ferrets, but I
checked the humane society first, and they don't take ferrets.  I didn't
know ferret shelters existed.  But that's beside the point (one thing you
will soon learn about me is I tend to ramble on) ;).  IMHO, what really
matters is the ferrets, and that's why we're all here, isn't it?  It doesn't
matter where someone's ferrets came from in the past, etc etc.  What matters
is that they are informed now and that their ferrets are happy and well
cared for.  I don't think anyone here will deny that they love their
furbabies and would do anything to care for them.  So why is it that we have
to attack someone else about the way they treat their critters if they love
them as much as we love ours?  Everyone has different opinions and different
ways of doing things, and all we can do if we disagree is to present them
with facts supporting our opinions.  If we don't have facts, we can tell
them what we think (NICELY), but in the end, they will form their own
opinions and we won't always agree.  Oh well, get over it.  People are
entirely too concerned about what everyone else is doing and they don't
spend enough time looking at themselves.  (No, I don't have anyone specific
in mind.) Do all YOU can to help shelters, stop MF, ban the sale of ferrets
in pet stores, whatever your "pet" cause may be.  Educate others on your
cause, but please stop attacking when they don't agree with you.  We don't
need these kinds of extremist actions.  They don't help anyway: remember,
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar (you catch more ferrets with
ferretone...).  Flames only anger and make people less likely to help you.
Why do you think, when there is ferret misinformation in the news somewhere,
people on the list ask everyone to correct the misinformed parties in a
mature and reasonable manner?  They've seen too many flames here.  Please
stop the flames, please just voice opinions or the facts as you know them.
Sorry about being on the soapbox, I just wanted to agree with the comments
from yesterday.  Thanks for listening, everyone!

Kristi and the Mustelid Musketeers of Mayhem
Mayonnaise (mm, raisins mommy *beg* oops, I fell over cuz I'm fat)
Clover (Huh? What? Who? Where?)
Luna (Get that big mean old couch *spaz*...get those toes now!)