From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:17:54 -0700
Hi everyone,

I have not posted in quite some time, but, I'm still here helping with
the ferrets!  For anyone who does not know (or remember me :), my name is
Jennifer Hudson and I've been involved with rescue/placement for about 3
years now.  Most recently I was involved with KiSta Ferret Shelter, so if
you need a recommendation, I'm sure Kim will throw her 2 cents in!  I am
located in Willow Grove (Montgomery County) about 20 minutes from NE Phila.
I do not have a 'shelter', but there are a few rescue cages for ferrets
that always find their way to my doorstep.  The ferrets receive a thorough
vet check and shots if needed.  Due to a recent scare from a shelter I
helped in the past, all ferrets both personal and rescue babies have been
and all new comers will be tested for ADV.  I am happy and more than
relieved to announce that all ferrets have tested negative.

But, to the point and definitely more important stuff....

I have a pair of boys that arrived a few months ago that are finally ready
for adoption.  Zak and Mittens arrived with a pair of girls, who were
placed almost immediately into a new home.  But, Zak needed some social
skills before he could go home.  Both the boys are a max of 14 months
old.

Below are links to photos of them.  Zak is the darker of the two.
[Combine each pair of lines into 1 with no spaces]

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jen_milestone/
vwp2?.tok=bc0RcJOBGRAzHzDO&.dir=/zak+and+mittens&.dnm=P7070064.jpg&.src=ph

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jen_milestone/
vwp2?.tok=bcfRcJOBfTV7ycpn&.dir=/zak+and+mittens&.dnm=P7070059.jpg&.src=ph

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jen_milestone/
vwp2?.tok=bcEScJOBKS2_4r.3&.dir=/zak+and+mittens&.dnm=P7070065.jpg&.src=ph

Mittens has always been quite friendly, but Zak arrived terrified of adults
and he had no problems showing it by biting quite hard.  It was obvious
though that he was only in need of some love and time to trust, because for
all the times he drew blood on me, he never even looked at my daughter!
So, this is the opposite of what is usually posted, Zak is great with
children, but needs special attention with adults!

Zak has not bitten in over 30 days (his goal for Biters Anon).  He is
easily cuddled and handled with no problems.  Zak does frighten easily
and tends to run from people, but he has become more and more curious and
ends up eventually working his way over to see what all the fuss is about!
A forever home would definitely bring out his playful side, which is
easily seen if you go 'ferret fishing'.

Zak and Mittens must stay together.  They are wonderful with other ferrets,
never had a problem with them playing with any of my personal group.  Both
are ADV negative and I'll be happy to supply written confirmation from my
vet if requested.  Both have finished up their series of distemper and
have a clean bill of health!

An adoption agreeement is required, and an adoption fee applies to cover
their medical care only.

If anyone is interested in adopting two young, healthy and wonderful boys,
email me!!

Thanks,
Jen and Gang