From:
Heidi Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:24:15 -0700
Greetings from the Extreme Weezils, who are almost sure to be running
around in a brand new HUGE house very soon....

This is in response to RO "Anon"'s post regarding her relatives' distaste
entire family, both sides except my mother-in-law, think we are absolute
out of our minds.  We have six ferrets and two cats [and no human children]
since May 2000.

My parents have even gone so far as to make sure we know that despite our
pending purchase of a very large house, they will NOT stay with us if they
visit.  That is solely due to our fuzzy kids.

Ignorance breeds judgment, which festers and becomes contempt.  Don't lose
hope, they may come around.  On the flip side, why would you really care
about what others think of your own babies, despite their being family
members?  My parents have rushed to judgment and will not be swayed, while
my grandparents accept whatever I choose to do in my life with loving
acceptance, despite their OWN personal feelings.  THAT is what love is all
about ...

>My fiancee says that their ignorance is their loss -- they'll never know
>the love and bouncy antics that come from owning a fuzzy.  But I still feel
>bad.  Am I over reacting?

Keep your head high, love your fuzzies today like there is no tomorrow, and
hug your fiance extra tight for giving you support.  Your reaction is not
unwarranted, but don't allow others to affect your own true feelings.
Remember, there are LOTS of us that absolutely ADORE ferrets and would
choose them over our own families any day.

I want to take this opportunity, since I am posting, to publicly thank and
call for others to do so as well the many people who selflessly give their
time and energy to ferret causes.  For example, Lisette, who we all know
and love, has tapped herself out helping animals in trouble while trying
to run her own life PLUS helping her family.  Please, if you have even a
moment, send well wishes and a thank you to Lisette for doing what most of
us only wish or talk about doing - selflessly helping needy fuzzies.

Heidi and her Extreme Weezils
http://www.extremeweezils.com/
[log in to unmask] ... Get WEEZILZIED