From:
Sheri yadayadayada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:46:02 -0800
I have been reading some of the FML comments (good and bad) about Petco
stores.  I must say that it seems as though some people are too quick to
generalize ALL Petco stores, when in fact, many of them are great and
take wonderful care of the animals.  It's always wrong to make sweeping
generalizations about companies (or individual people for that matter)
based on rumors we hear over the internet or a few bad experiences we
might have had, etc...

Ironically, some of the pet stores that I've seen people rave about on
the FML are not always MY idea of good stores either, at least some of
the ones I've personally been to in my area.  But I would never label
all of those stores based on the negative experiences I've had, because
I have absolutely no way of knowing how another store in another city or
state operates.

The thing is, many people here on the FML are extremely passionate and
sometimes opinionated when it comes to where you should adopt a ferret,
so naturally many of those people are going to slam pet stores.  Some
people are totally against buying from pet shops at all under any
circumstances and will only purchase an animal from a mill or private
breeder.  I think that's fine if you have that option and choose to adopt
in that way, but you must accept that it's a very personal choice for
each person.  It's all a very personal thing and each person is going to
see it in a different way and there is nothing wrong with that.  To each
his own.

Basically, what I'm trying to get across here is that we should be fair
and not generalize anyone.  Just like you would not want to be judged or
compared to another person who mistreated ferrets just because there are
a lot of people who DO mistreat animals.  It's basically the same idea
here.  All Petco's are NOT bad.