From:
Riker Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 13:52:49 -0700
        SSF (single, sable ferret) seeking new owner. My name is Riker. My
mission in life is to boldly go where no ferret has gone before. I am 25
inches long and weigh 1400 grams (3.08 pounds.) I am extremely good
looking and just turned 1 year old this month.  My current owner is
frustrating me since I am extremely intelligent. I love to jump and leap.
        Last night, for instance, I jumped up on the dining room chairs
and then onto the dining room table.  I guess there was something my owner
didn't want me to see because she put me down and then moved the chairs.
She muttered something about not being able to remodel a rented house to
get the chairs further away. As soon as she left the room, I got up on the
table again.  Boy was she frustrated (tee-hee hee!) So I got up on the
cages about 5 feet away from the table and started to jump onto the table.
My owner stepped right in front of me so I hissed at her.  When she
wouldn't move, I nipped her (which I would never do otherwise) in a
location about 3 feet above the floor. As she jumped and yelled (I think
they were bad words!), I leaped onto the table. Fooled her!
        The one thing that I ask is for more freedom from my cage.  I
currently get out about 1 1/2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the
evening.  When my owner does not let me out promptly at 7:00 PM, I empty
all of our food bowls onto the floor (I share a triplex with 7 friends.)
Then I empty the water bowls. I need at least 6 hours of freedom each and
every day. Please don't reply to the above address.  I don't want my
current owner to know about my demands.  My address is [log in to unmask]
        My owner told me two people made very appropriate comments about
ferrets: Bil King said something about getting a few more gray hairs
because of one of his ferrets.  And a lady on the FML said one of her
friends said, "It must be tough having pets that are smarter than most
humans."  She says these comments apply to me. :-)