From:
Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 20:20:41 -0700
OK!  Here's something that TOTALLY amazed me, and probably will you too.  I
have taught Katie to "roll over" for a treat, and given her normal attention
span, that is pretty amazing in itself.  Well last night Katie came up to
the couch where I was flopped watching a movie, and just sat there staring
at me for a few minutes.  Then when she was sure I was looking at her, she
gave me one of those "do I have to spell it out for ya" looks and then
slowly and gracefully ROLLED OVER!!!  Then just sat back up and stared
again.  I then had a sudden urge to get up and get her a raisin.  :)

Well, this may be off subject a bit but, The little boogers we call Bot
Flies here in OR (& everywhere else I've ever lived) lay their eggs on the
hairs of the legs & chest (Mostly on horses & other livestock) and the
larvae are then ingested or inhaled when the animal rubs its nose on its
legs.  The larvae then make their way to the stomach where they attach to
the lining & get fat & icky looking.  I've never heard of them laying eggs
under the skin?

This isn't about Ferrets either, but it's a cute animal story you may enjoy.
A few weeks ago I got a new Kitten, Marbles, that may have been a bit too
young to wean.  Well when we found her curled up nursing on my Australian
Shepherd, Brandy, we thought it was real cute & kinda funny.  So tonight I
happened to notice Marbles, now about 12 weeks old, again nursing on Brandy,
so I just had to check..... and sure enough, Brandy has actually started
producing milk!!(she is 5 years old and has never had pups) What cat could
ask for more?!

Bye for now....

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"