From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 19:23:29 -0500
I inquired last week to have an insurance coverage for my ferret home based
business with the insurance I deal with.  I finally had the answer this
afternoon: they will insure me.  They had to hold a meeting to decide that
it was OK afterall to have 6 ferrets in my home, but they said that I could
not be covered by damages done by my pet (fine by me: the ferrets have
already ruined the rug near the door sill anyway...).

I guess ferrets are not well known yet in Canada!  But this might be a
blessing: in a suburb of Ottawa, you cannot have more that 5 cats or dogs in
a household.  A lot of ferret owners might be in trouble in the legislators
had thought of including the ferrets!

Lorraine Tremblay and her 6 ferrets: Pepe La Pew, Mukluk, Sanka, Presto,
Snoreau & Boum Boum
Ferret Curiosity Shop