From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 11:24:32 -0400
I don't pull my kits from my moms.  My moms wean the kits themselves.  I
usually put a hammock in the cage when the kits are 5 weeks old.  That
way mom can get some alone time but still supervise and discipline.
Usually when the kits are old enough to go to their new homes is the
time they leave their mom.  And the kits I keep from my litters usually
stay with their mom when she is introduced back to her social group.

Pulling mom too early tends to make her nuts and only want her kits more.

Hope this helps!
Vickie
Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com