Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:54:47 +0000
I saw in one of the recent posts about ferret odors and just had to tell
you this story.

When I was very young my father would take me on car trips to anywhere but
unfortunately I got car sick alot.  Coupled with the smell of the open
windows and country smells including an occasional skunk that was hit by
the car, my life on the road was hell.  I began to make an association
with driving and skunk smells and before you know it I was an adult with a
problem.  I am a strong believer in mind over matter so I started telling
myself that the smell of skunk was actually attractive.  I am happy to say
that I am now a well adjusted 37 year old adult who *loves* the smell of
skunk!  It was fate... it was kismet... that brought their cousins into my
life.  Although I live with Bear who is the only undescented ferret I have,
and although even she has managed to test just how much I love their odor,
I have found that I love their smell, wholly and unconditionally.  They
give me their version of aromatherapy and I get so much joy in getting my
nose right into their fur and taking in a good lung full.  Call me weird,
call me insane... but I am ferret lover... hear me sniff!

And if on some country trip you should happen to see an individual standing
in the breeze whilst cars are whizzing by with windows clamped shut to
avoid the skunk odors, you'll know it's me... and under each arm I will be
carrying their relatives who will be looking at me and saying, "Geez,
what's all the hubbub about... I don't smell anything?"

Betty and Her Blur O'Sweet Smellin' Fur

To my ferts: Thank you for your unconditional love.