From:
michaela maurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 12:51:37 -0700
While I totally agree that you should have a vet check out Opel for any
possiblity of cardiac or respiratory problems, I have Good News.  My Bugsy (
3 years) did this often during his first year of life.  He scared me so bad
one day, I rushed to the vet, thinking he couldn't breathe anymore.  By the
time I got to the vet he was 'normal' (figures).  Anyhow, two vets
knowledgable in ferrets could find nothing wrong with him and suggested
asthma or allergies.  I therefore vaccuumed and aired out my place more
often.  In the last two years he has had maybe one spell and not too bad.
Also, Mighty Mouse - one of my girls does this once in a while ( more mild) -
Vet says she's fine too.  I just let her spleep as to not aggrevate it
(breathes normally while sleeping).  Usually when she wakes, it's gone.

Check Opels breathing when he sleeps.  Let us know how he's doing.

                        Mich and Crew.  DOOK  DOOK DOOOOOOOOOOK!