Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:50:38 -0700
I'm almost thankful I'm out of work right now because I've been able to
spend so much time at home with the kids that need me most right now,
Sweet Pea and Tucker.  Sweet Pea is getting fluids twice a day and today
she's doing even better than yesterday.  She sits up on straight front
legs eating her duck soup from a little spatula.  Seeming like forever
but what is in all actuality about 20 minutes she eats a cube of duck
soup at a time.  Eyes barely open, literal skin on bones with sparse
hair, she manages to do just enough to keep on going.  I call her my
little Energizer Pea.  When she's done eating, that sweet little girl
even takes the time to clean her face.  I kept her in the kitchen with me
today while I did the dishes and laid her down on a pile of blankets.  I
watched as she dragged her useless back end, back legs kicking but no
assistance to helping her walk, from the nook to the kitchen where she
peed on the floor and pulled herself even further to the dog bowl for a
drink of water.  Those little front legs are still strong enough to get
her where she needs to go and support her as she drinks from a bowl
that's a good 5 inches from the floor.  She amazes me every day.  Tucker
came out of his surgery wonderfully, minus a tooth.  The gal that brought
him out to me is a fuzzy person too and loved having him as a patient
today.  Thanks Tina!!!  Thanks to you folks for the continued support and
the positive thoughts and cards.

Kim at Somethin Up My Sleeve.