From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:39:41 -0600
Hey Y'all,

Just a quick reminder that there will be some folks dropping by with ferts
on Sunday.  And some non-fert folks too who just love them.  If you want to
come by, need directions, just drop me a line.  All are welcome.

I have been house hunting.  Trying to look in different places, depending
on where I end up with graduate school.  Me and my friend Shawn are
planning on going to grad school together and are currently looking at
sharing a larger house.  I am not sure if he can get used to all the ferts,
or if Willowby (his cat) can either.  We did see a great flyer for a house
by the high school that has a screened in porch.  I used to have one in
Houston and the gang really miss it.  But I am worried about traffic since
it is so close to the school and teenaged drivers.  yikes!~!  (Plus I need
to figure out if I can really keep up with a 22 year old, as I am having a
hard enough time as it is.) ;-)

Miss Esmerelda and Nicky boy are going in for dentals on Thursday.  I have
a couple of other that need it also, but need to plan it all out.

Miss Bette (aka Elsbitch) has decided to be a lover dover.  Now mind you,
she has never bit me (only the vet hehe) but she has never been much of a
cuddler.  She has recently decided to start letting me hold her for longer
periods and she gives me non-stop kisses.  Ahhhhhh.

Miss Natasha, aka Mazel Tov aka Missy Girl, is turning into a sweetheart
for me.  She is calm enough now that I can hold her somewhat loosely and
not worry about being nipped.  she has also decided to start sleeping on
the bed, choosing to snuggle in my pjams at the foot of the bed (I wear
thick warm gowns around the house and change into a t-shirt when I sleep).
She has never done this and it makes me a very happy woman.  She really is
a special little girl and I am very glad she came to me.

Well, I made a hamster scream on Sunday.  sigh.  A friend got a teddy bear
hamster for Valentine's day and I gave him my old aquarium (formerly a
lizard house) to keep the hamster in.  So he drops by here on his way home
from getting the little furbutt, who is still in the car in a cardboard
carrier.  We open the end and Maggie reaches ever so gently into the box
with one finger, so the little guy can smell me.  Not remembering that I
had Max out on a lead a short time earlier.  So this little furball of
white and tan stands up on his hind legs and starts screaming and hissing
at me, lunging at my finger the whole time.  I had absolutely no idea one
of those things could make such a racket!!!!  I am just glad he didn't die
from a heart attack.  I would not want to be known as Maggie the Hamster
Killer.

Well, off to read a novel, write a paper and critic some others for
Thursday.  I may be alive and breathing and coherent on Sunday, but don't
count on it.  Oh yeah, I will have some refreshments, maybe even some beer,
if I remember to buy some.  (I hate beer, leaning towards thicker things
well, except for my latest fetish, Zima with jolly ranchers dissolved in
them.  Quite tasty.)

hugs,

Maggie and her Magnificent Menagerie