From:
David & Beth Messineo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:55:04 -0700
Hi,
I have a question that I desperately need answered.  I have a 3 year old
female (spayed) ferret that was having to be by herself too much during the
day while I work.  So I decided to get her a couple of friends.  The
friends apparently are carriers of a bacteria that has made my older ferret
sick.  I have isolated her in a cage and am giving her antibiotics ( two
different kinds) but am seeing little improvement.  Has anyone else had
this kind of thing happen to them?  What do I do?  The vet said that we
would just keep trying until we hit on the right medicine.  Will she ever
be able to join her friends or will they just keep giving her the bacterial
infection?  I thought I was doing something good for her and have ended up
making her mieserable.  Please help with any advice you might have.
Thanks.