From:
"Jennifer M. Hubert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 09:22:14 -0400
Hi, all
I'm new to this list and a new ferret owner.  My new baby is a beautiful
silver mitt named Puck.  He is three months old this week, and i'm hoping
that all of you will tell me that he's going to grow out of this problem I'm
about to tell you--he is an extremely early riser.  I let him out to play in
my room as soon as I get home from work and he will amuse me and himself til
about 11:00 pm, at which every night, without fail, he puts himself to bed
with no prompting from me.  The problem is that he is then raring to go at 5
am.  I mean, the whole works, banging his food dish, running from floor to
floor in his cage, and "dooking" at high decibels that almost sound like a
high pitched dog bark.  I get up and check on him, he's never in any trouble
or pain, has plenty of food and water, just wants OUT!  I never take him out
of the cage, just go back to bed and put a pillow over my head.  I've tried
keeping him up later, but he just sacks out at 11--comatose.  I can't move
him to another room because of my roomate.  I also keep a hedgehog in my
room, who is also active at about 5 am.  Could it be that Puck can see my
hedgie moving around in his tank across the room and wants at him?  Please
help, I've had about 5 sleepless nights and can't take much more!

jenn & the puckster