From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 15:36:53 -0700
">That is what life is, a passing joy for all of us. That we get to
>experience it and share it with these loving creatures, that is the
>beauty

How right you are, Risa.

I also have been trying -- and now w some good success -- to live that
truth.

The sudden consecutive loss of so many of my ferrets, and then one cat,
was so painful. At first I could only feel the losses, and in fact,
after Robert's death I couldn't bear to be with the remaining three
ferrets. It was partly a strange aversion and a vague sickening fear
that my presence would harm them.

Luckily I am no longer their sole caretaker and human buddy, and after
a couple of days I got past it. Now I am REALLY into enjoying them and
the other animals I have. Plus the rest of my life, and how good it
is despite its likely transience. Right now everything here feels in
balance and good, even including its startling little flaws, and I hope
we get some years of it. Some other crises I've weathered have had
these strong side-effects of sharp brightl;y-lit life, but they've
been pretty brief before. I wonder how that all works!