From:
Heather Archambeault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 14:14:27 -0800
Hobo was one of my adrenal foster kids. He wasn't with me very long.
On a family emergency road trip back home last December,

I stopped off at Ferret Haven of Spokane. They were filling up with
ferrets fast & took in three that day I was there.

I had never had fosters before & normally this shelter does not do
long distance fosters. I offered to take in two permenant foster
kids, & adopted two older boys.

Hobo & Feona explored their new home. Feona had a lot more energy than
Hobo, but he would still offer to play in small, short bursts, but then
would go find a place to nap.

It became a daily routine for them to have some playtime in the ferret
room, then went to their very own playpen.

Over the next few months, Hobo was showing signs that his time with me
was getting shorter. The vet found a mass on his spleen & he was acting
more & more uncomfortable.

Bless his little heart, he was so sweet, & offered kisses every day, no
matter how uncomfortable he was. He had good days & bad days. The bad
days becoming more frequent, so I talked with the vet & Paula, the
shelter mom, & we all agreed that his time was very close.

Sweet Hobo, I swear, would smile, you could see it on his face. Toward
the end, his smiles seemed more pained, but he seemed to be trying to
mask his pain.

We went to the vet one last time, last week, as Hobo was assisted to
the bridge. I held him in my arms, as his soul left his tired body.

Hobo now has a resting place, in my back yeard, where I will be
planting a garden.

Feona misses her buddy, but please tell Hobo that she is doing well.

I miss Hobo as well. Even though my ferret room is filled with ferrets,
there is a vacancy felt, with Hobo gone.

I am thankful that he is no longer suffering & I hope he is having fun
now, able to run & play now.

Thank you,
Hobo's foster mom, Heather