From:
dayna frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 14:46:50 -0500
Hi Everybody...

We have a serious SOCK ALERT going here..  as in Christmas SOCK..  We had it
all figured out..  everything would fit in the shelter sock just fine with a
little cramming for the new fuzzy tent and tinsel garlands the Ways brought
for the kids for Christmas..  this is a MAJOR fuzzy tent..  the goofy 13 fit
in it and rattle around!!!  so there is lots of room for any new fuzzys
too..  the Ways think ahead!!!

But C.B.  sent a Santa Lurk Alert cause when he was putting the blender base
in a box he was pretty sure he saw "The Old Elf' lurking around the box..
Well he was right..  boy, was he right!  the blender box arrived but it was
in this HUGE other box the poor tiny mail girl could hardly carry to the
door and she brought it in a pouring rain too..  I staggered into the
kitchen with it [it was HEAVY!] and since I couldn't believe any blender
base was THAT BIG I figured I better open it..  besides I need to reblend
the last goo batch... well there was this really large plastic storage thing
with a bow on top and it is stuffed with fuzzy toys and stuff for the
infirmary and lots of other goodies for sick or hurt weasels..

But now I got a problem.  the shelter sock isn't big enough..  not even
close!!!  I mean some of the toys are Opus proof!  [and that means BIG and
TOUGH]  and so many!!!

You see I am from the land of Fools and Ghouls..  good old Calipornia..
[except for the nasty anti ferret F&G Dept.  and the pollution and crime
it's not too bad really.  ] and you don't need much of a sock cause nobody
knows you even got the French Poule Cats hidden away..  so I was not
prepared..

We are SOCKLESS and it's all C.B.'s fault... well, that's not strictly
true..  we were mostly sockless anyhow..  we wear sandals a lot cause the
fuzzys steal all the socks faster than we can get new ones..  but this is
different..  this is THE CHRISTMAS SOCK!  there is only one of them in the
first place so no spare...

so I need some advice from all the Fuzzy Folks out there..  I can't hang up
a pillow case..  Santa would just pass it over..  and my feet are big but
not THAT big... And with us living a ways out from town and driving an open
jeepling there is no time or way to go sock hunting..  besides that would
seriously cut into the fuzzy play time..  mine!

do you think a box with a sock drawn on it and a note with an arrow would do
it.?  it's too late to send Santa a note..  right?  I mean thirteen fuzzys
is a lot of presents..  fortunately we have an ecologically correct
Christmas tree...A large framed picture of really neat tree..  with lights
hung on the frame..  both are higher than the fuzzys..  we hope..  so there
is room for the box 'under it'..

I am personally positive C.B.'s daughter had a hand in this Fuzzy Blitz..
she is the greatest daughter [ask Max who is C.B.'s intrepid closet
organizer] anyone could have and if Max loves her then you know she is
special..  ferrets are soooo choosy.

Well, we sure hope you all have a Merry Ferrety Christmas...

there is no doubt the fuzzys of the MMOMM shelter have been very blessed..
Thank you all for being you..  Your a very special bunch of folks.. one and
all..

dayna and the wacky woozles of the MMOMM rescue/shelter

ps:  we will get through this SOCK SHOCK just fine I believe..  after all
the fuzzys only want to play with the box anyhow...right?? :)