From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:21:50 -0800
To [log in to unmask]  [BY]

When older ferrets are in with younger ferrets at the pet store, guess
who gets a home and who doesn't?  Of course no one thinks he's as cute
as the new little kits in the cage, so he doesn't get love or attention.
Of course everyone wants a babe, so the older ferret sits and waits for
someone to want and love him.

Maybe he was never bought or worse, he was brought back for numerous
stupid reasons.  Maybe he went to a home where he was abused, neglected
or worse.  No wonder this guy hisses and isn't friendly.....he is likely
to become a biter, all of which only makes him even less likely to find a
home.  I mean who wouldn't bite, be skittish or just plain aggressive in
this situation.

It is so heartbreakingly sad.

From your description he also sounds like he may be ill, course thinning
hair and smelly.  You are right he also needs his shots because he can
get distemper from people carrying the virus on their clothes, in the
air, etc.

I do not advocate buying from pet stores except, in this type of
situation or if the ferret is in danger, ill or life threatening
conditions.  My boys Frankie & Poncho were both in this same situation,
there were kits, but these guys needed me.  Sure they took extra work
and Poncho is still very skittish at times.

Some one needs to get this guy out.  Would you let us know where he is so
someone on this list can go and get him?

Kim the Oregon one

Kim Reyes
Associate Broker
John L. Scott Real Estate