From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:51:27 -0500
Our solution does several things for our ferret room; it lets us look in as
we choose, it keeps the "busines" in the ferret room and it allows us to
easily step over the gate, without any discomfort to us. The first, thing
is a simple 18" high board to snuggly fit into the door way.  Now this as
we all know will not keep the jumpers from escaping, rather easily.  Now
to the top, we add a piece of carpet core that we have cut a grove in and
forced over the top of the gate.  You will get hours of enjoyment as the
most persistant ferrets throw themselves at the top of the gate only to
slide back into the ferret room, as they have nothing to hold on to on the
top of the gate.  Cost a couple of dollars for the board and nothing for
the carpet core.  The only "escape", has been the 1.25lb whippett ferret
"Squeeky" (JAWS), who jumped from the top of the kitty castle to the top
of the ferret tent, (that was too close to the door), and then over the top
of the gate.  This she did three times, until I stood in the shadows and
watched her do it, and it was a sight to see her balancing on the top of
the tent to jump, a real sight to see.

Harry C. Silvis/Zora Mae Silvis
KENNESAW GRAPHICS
3600 Cherokee Street, Ste 119
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
770.421.1415    Fax 770.421.1745
"The Biggest Little Print Shop in Kennesaw"

                          ^^^^^^^
                      ^^            ^^^
      ()--(a)      /               ^^^

  The Fourteen Ferrets of Kennesaw Graphics
         (Drifter & Scarlett adopted 12/31/99)