From:
Chris Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 23:55:59 -0700
Attn..... All vets... or ferret owners with knowledge of enlargement of
spleens in ferrets.... We have a six year old female ferret who seems to
have an enlarged spleen.... After talking to our vet today, we have
scheduled her for a splenectomy... When we got home, however, we were
reading our ferret book, and it said that enlarged spleens are frequent in
ferrets of all ages... It also said that it does not affect their lifespan,
or health... She could not see a tumor by ultrasound, but we are worried
about not having the surgury if she needs it, and worried as well about
putting her through a life threatening surgury if not necessary at all....
please respond if you have any experience with these types of problems....
We are concerned that our vet does not have enough experience with ferrets
because they are relatively new to our area....

We need answers in the next couple of days because the surgury is marked for
Tuesday... please email us back at cap@televar.com....

Thank you for your care and your expediency...

signed Dizzy, Pogo, Dunkin, Patches, Beeper, and Rainy..  and of course...
Mom and Dad too :)