From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:59:38 EST
Hi,

A couple months ago, I tried the alternative diet suggestion.  I tried a
live mouse.  Needless to say, I now have a habittrail.  I do have a frozen
one that I have not tried yet.  The book "Ferrets for Dummies" author wrote
me when I e-mailed her about trying to make a change.  She suggest taking
the meat and trying to play a game with it.  Ex.  Trying to play tag with
the mouse by the tail.  I decided to maybe try it with the frozen one
later.

With introducing meats in their diet (I have 4 fuzzies).  I have been
successful with cutting it in small pieces and mixing it with their kibble.
I do have one that will eat anything.  I have tried soup bones also.  They
will not do the blender thing.  I have several ideas with the blender.
The Rottie has enjoyed those ideas the best.  Boiled chicken has been a
success.  I will usually shred the meat and introduce it that way with a
little ferrentive.

Dooks and Chuckles,
BuddaBean, Beema, Shazta, and SqueakySlim, their Human