From:
Shelley Abare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:19:56 -0400
Ok, when I saw this I have to admit that I wracked my brain trying to
come up with something I hadn't already shared.  Nothing came to mind,
but, my guys provided me with a new little tidbit last night!

I went to feed/clean/play in the ferret room about 9 pm last night.  I
"thought" I'd closed the door tightly.  (wrong).  I counted and kissed
five fuzzy faces, tickled five fuzzy tummies and finished
cleaning/feeding.  I noticed the door was slightly ajar, but since I had
counted all five twice I was positive that all fuzzies were accounted
for.  I closed the door and wandered down the hall.  I thought I saw a
dark shadow disappear into the hall closet, but decided that it was my
imagination.  I got a snack and put the news on to see what "IVAN" was up
to.  Again, there's a shadow out of the corner of my eye, but nothing
when I turn to look.  ???  What the heck is that, I wondered?  I looked
around and found nothing.  I was beginning to think it might just be a
rat (we live in the sticks) or maybe Little Bit back from the Bridge to
visit.  So there I sit, innocently eating my snack of baby carrots and
Ranch dressing, watching to see where Ivan would go, when something
touches my foot.  Somthing warm, something fuzzy, something with TEETH!!!
Carrots and dressing go flying.  I'm standing on my swivel rocker,
screaming at the top of my lungs and doing "the dance".  Husband and
kids come flying from various rooms to see what all the fuss was about.
And here comes Killy, out from under the chair, wardancing and dooking
his lungs out!  (really big rat).  I swear he did it on purpose, and
was laughing at me too.

The "rat" was apprehended, given cuddles and treats then returned to his
room with a firm scolding to stay there.  All to the tune of my families
laughter.

Life with ferrets is never boring.

Shelley