From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:25:18 -0800
>From:    Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: calm down, Sukie
>
>>so let's not freak out anywhere and cause harm with still-groundless
>>rumors.
>
>The only person FREAKING OUT - as far as I can tell - is you, Sukie.  So,
>have a drink, take a valium, dye your hair - whatever it takes to calm you
>down.  Most of us have enough common sense to take that post with a grain of
>salt.
>
>The VETS and other experts say that there is nothing that gives cause for
>panic at this point.]
>
>Good.  So let's all take their expert advice and not panic.

Not to get into it with Nancy (I don't know her nor have I dealt with her
at all), but I did find her post really rude and not called for at all.
If you had just pointed out that you believe Sukie is freaking out, that
is all that was needed.  The rest accomplished nothing.  Any VALID ADV-F
information is needed regardless of how it is presented.

We are all in this together and need people to become more involved in
these discussions and ask questions, not bash each other.

My two cents.

[Moderator's note: Actually, I didn't think it was particularly rude, but
looks like many people did.  Guess that's the New Yorker in me!  BIG]