From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:48:01 -0800
Just wanted to chime in here- Attatched to the ferts cage is a folder with
each ferts papers (rabies cert., dist.  cert, care and preference sheet).
The best bet seemed to me to put in anything that someone who needed to
care for them would need.  Also, the name of three people and their
numbers are listed for emergency contacts- people who will take the ferts
temporarily or for good if need be.  Both in the car and in the house are
bags of supplies good for several days, plus a crate, in case I need to
get out fast- in the car is a collapsible cage that they could be kept in
, although a little cramped, until I could get better housing.  All info
is also in a card in my wallet, amd in the glove compartment of the van
(with an animal alert sticker on the windshield).  Call me paranoid, but
I want to be completely sure that all animals are provided for.  They are
also in my will, along with a trustee name, and money to provide for them.
I cage only at night- I trust my dogs, they have always loved the ferrets,
but I am making absolutely sure nothing happens.  Anything can happen at
any time- I would certainly encourage everyone to make sure that the ones
they love are taken care of in any and all eventualities.

- Gerri