From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:58:10 -0700
I've been watching the shelter numbers & pleas for funds and I wondered
if a different strategy might help.  What if ferret shelter operators
formed a national organization to share the work.  Perhaps such a joint
coalition could recruit more funding from ferret retail stores, and even
petition national chains like PetsMart to NOT sell breeder ferrets and
adopt out shelter ferrets, instead.  Perhaps then local shelter owners
could focus more time on priorities like training shelter ferrets to
make them adoptable, and even presenting to various churches & civic
organizations to recruit volunteers, funds, & adopters.

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."

~ Garrison Keillor ~