From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:13:58 -0600
I called the state vet yesterday about the cruelty investigation I started
on the lady who clipped the two little jills teeth.  I was told that they
went out and suprised her at her facility without notice.  She was cited
for three major violations involving cage size, sanitation and
overcrowding.  She denied clipping the teeth of these two little ferrets
and was warned by the state vet to not do it again.

I guess I have to satisfied knowing I had some impact on her operation and
that now she knows everyone knows what she did and we are watching.

The little girls are doing fine with me changing their water frequently so
it doesn't chill and hurt their nerves in their teeth along with some
anbesol and I am hoping I can raise the money soon to pay to have their
root canals and caps done.  The dentist said normally, he would charge
$2500 each to correct their teeth, but because we are a shelter, on a one
time basis , would do it for $1200 for both of them together.  Hope it
comes soon!

Thanks for following this posting and hugs to all your fuzzkids.

ferretguy