From:
Maria L Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:23:41 +1200
I just thought I would share my heartstopping moment with you all.  I live
in a caravan at a motor camp.  My ferrets have secure outside cages with
warm sleeping areas.  I was working long hours this past weekend and my
friend was ferret-sitting.  He decided to give their cage a thorough scrub
down, as I was not going to get time.  \ I got home from work and had a
quick check on the monsters to see food and water were ok, and there was a
note saying they had had their playtime.  They appeared to be snug in their
box asleep.

The next morning I went into the communal laundry to put a load on and
I saw a familiar face pop out from behind the tub.  I was shocked and
horrified to find that it was my precious Felicity.

Richard had not shut the door at the far end of the cage securely.  Savvy
was still in his cage, but, Felicity had managed to slip through the gap
in the door.

Just shows that they are no longer interested in the outdoors, if they get
out they head INSIDE!

I am extremely paranoid about the cage now and am constantly checking it.
This is the first time that one of my babies has got out, and if I have my
way, the last!!

Meghan, Tiberius, Felicity, Savvy and Pogo