From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:20:47 -0400
>From:    Danielle Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Wesson Corn Oil
>
>This was e-mailed to me.  Can anyone tell me if this is true??
>
>Eliminate ear mites....All it takes is a few drops of wesson corn oil in
>your cat's ear.  Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball.  Repeat
>daily for 3 days.  The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites,
>and accelerates healing...

I use mineral (baby) oil.  The ears need to be cleaned daily for a week.
Take a week off.  Clean the ears a gain for another week.

The oil drowns the ear mites.  You take a week off incase you missed
some.  The you clean again to get rid of the ones you missed.

It's much better to go to the vet and a prescription treatment.  It's
quicker and less work.

KG