Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:39:30 -0600
My local ferret shelter and I have deaf ferrets with the same characteristics
and wondered if anyone else on the FML does too and can pin point where
their ferret came from.  I have one which I have mentioned before on the
list - Job, thought he was a silver, turned out to be a panda but has now
lightened up with just a few colored markings on him, he is very long,
including his neck (much longer than my other ferrets - more like a weasels)
and a very broad triangular head, much more pronounced (rather large almost
like it's too big) than my other male ferrets, his eyes are really a deep
ruby color rather than truly dark.  The shelter has 5 very much like him
that are also deaf.  Job I know came from the Manitoba, Canada breeder as I
got a certificate with him - he has some genetic problems with the shape of
his rib cage and an extra toe.  If anyone else has ferrets similar to ours
please contact us - if you know where they came from that information is
important to us.  We'd like to gather as much information as possible, ours
are all males, are there any female deaf ferrets with similar
characteristics?

Send information to my e-mail address, thank you.
Vicky
Families are Forever