Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 13:43:00 +0100
Well, I guess that depends on who is eating it... and you can try it if
you like.  I did and it's just not my cup o'tea.  But, my ferrets think
it's the ferrets dook.

Take Chook... his method is to attack the dish from the side and work his
way in.  It continually amazes me to see a ferret come away with more gravy
on his face than what's in his tummy.  Although his method is gentle,
deliberate and slow, his tongue must not understand the concept of the
"food goes in" and not the "food get sprayed about".  Eventually he gets
what he needs and trundles off to do the old face wash on the carpet.

Mushu... she charges the plate, closes her eyes and eats like she is
chomping into a big piece of steak.  You don't have to sit close to hear
the deep intake of air as she literally gulps and chews (what, I have no
idea) at her liquid meal.  One can also hear the scraping of her teeth as
she's trying to bite the plate.  It's funny to see the nose all pulled back
to allow the intake of the food and she does this in mid air.  Amazing!

Bear... she is a dainty eater, again slow and deliberate like Chook but
without the muss and fuss.  I swear, she has got it down pat on how to eat
the gravy without getting a drop on her face.  Of course, it still does not
prevent her from doing her carpet face wipe... for goodness knows, she
might have gotten a little on her lip!  I am hoping that Bear can give
Mushu a tip or two on eating.  Good luck!

Taero... well here is a man who eats like a man.  If he had the equipment
he would be the one seen hunkering down over the bowl with a protective arm
wrapped around the front of it and a big spoon in the other!  But when it
is all said and done, he will gladly share in anothers meal and may on
occasion do it for others... on occasion.  Any one near by is fair game for
the face wash... not just the carpet.

Lastly Ping... she hasn't become as enamoured with the gravy as the others
have.  As time goes on though, I see her take in a little more each time.
She doesn't want to seem over enthusiastic like her sister, Mushu.  Ping's
method is to swing by the bowl like she's not interested, and snatch a lick
or two when no one is watching, run off, swing by again, run off.... She
eats and looks around while she eats and food goes everywhere.

Me... well, just pass the salt and lots of it.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
To my ferts: I wish I had a tongue that could like my face as well as
yours.  I would never need a washcloth again!