From:
Steve Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 09:22:15 -0700
My little one, Yoda, still isn't feeling any better.  The vet has run him
through x-rays and blood work, both of which came back okay.  His red blood
cell count was a little bit low, but not enough to indicate any health
problems.

The x-ray showed everything to be just fine: no enlarged spleen, healthy
lungs, no intestinal blockages; she was very thorough in reviewing it with
us.

They basically have no idea why Yoda has a fever that comes and goes,
occasional shivers, and lethargy.  He's having trouble walking and falls
down frequently when we let him try.  He also doesn't appear to be eating
very much, though he did have a loose bowel movement some time overnight in
the pan.  I suspect it was the Petromalt we gave him last night.  We're
keeping him isolated from our other ferret so we can see exactly what he's
eating and 'producing'.  He's drinking plenty of water, though we're going
to hand feed him some wet ferret food later this morning.

The vets want to give him an upper GI to try and locate any partial
intestinal obstructions that wouldn't have shown up on the x-ray.  I feel
like I'm going to be paying $200-300 for each test until the vet guesses
right.  Money is a finite resource and I'd like to actually locate the
problem.  I just want my little one to get better before I go broke funding
the vet's game of 'twenty questions'.

Does anyone have _any_ suggestions?  It looks like we're going to get the
upper GI done either today or Monday, but what if that doesn't turn up
anything?  We're starting to get a little desperate.  Can anyone help?

Steve

--
Steve Ferguson                   | Despite the name, food stamps are _not_
Email: [log in to unmask]          | edible.