From:
Stan Niepokoj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:19:36 EDT
Due to some upcoming personal changes, it seems I may be forced to get rid
of my weasel.  I won't abandon her or dump her at a shelter.  I'm trying
to find a good home for her and thought this might be a good place to
start since you're all already familiar with the ways of ferrets.

Heres some background information about her:

She's female; fixed.  Very friendly, healthy and playful.  I don't know
exactly how old she is but, if this relates to ferrets as it does dogs, her
teeth are clean, white and her mouth in good shape.  She's at least a year
and a half to two years old as that's how long she's been with me.

I've heard others speak of certain ferrets they've encontered being mean or
vicious.  I don't know, perhaps some are but this couldn't be farther from
the truth in her case.  She couldn't possibly be more gentle; not a mean
bone in her body.  She has never scratched, bitten or shown the slightest
signs of aggression.  The only exception being, when playing rough she'll
act like she's nipping a bit but even that is only playing, so slight you
barely feel it.  She is totally innocent and passive.  This isn't to say
that she's lathargic or sluggish, she's very energetic, spirited and will
"explore" for hours if allowed to; she's simply not aggressive

She's either not too bright or fairly smart but stubborn and rebellious.
I'm still not certain.  She's smart enough to realize when she's doing
something you don't want her to yet not smart enough to stop doing it.

I won't simply give her away but will sell her for a fair, reasonable
price.  I reserve the right to refuse to sell her to just anyone and may
ask for references.  She's now in the Cleveland (Ohio) area.

A possible alternative is to find someone who'd be interested in
"babysitting" her but it could be for as long as a month or two.

I guess that's about it.  If you're interested or have other questions
please contact me at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Thanks,