From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:36:14 -0500
>[How about trying Proglycem now?  BIG]

Good point, Bill.  In this case I think the ferret is already on
Diazoxide/Proglycem, but I might be wrong; there have been several
ferrets recently in similar situations.

For those who have ferrets who are not on it and need to be careful
about how much is purchased at once:

For the Diazoxide, just order it from one of the compounding pharmacies
in a smaller quantity.  Many, like the one we use here in NJ, ship, and
most have 800 numbers so you can ask those sorts of questions easily.
Diazoxide can go up to 30 mg/kg of the ferret's weight twice a day.
Here is how you can go directly to this resources and how to get there
step by step in case you don't save the URL.

Direct URL:

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/ReferenceShelf/
comp_pharm.html

To get there:

Go to the site
then click open the Files

In Files click open the Reference Shelf

In there you will find several extremely useful files including the
Compounding Pharmacy List.