Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:04:14 -0500
I have been contemplating adding a new member to my clan of 2 females and
1 male.  Both Jumper and Ruck have been with me for 4 years, and Darwin
my male 3 years.  My only regret is that I didn't get them from a
breeder, as I have to admit the stores I purchased them from seemed
inadequately prepeared in keeping them (and handling them).
        A friend of mine, who babysits my ferrets when I'm away, loves
all of them very much, and is seriously thinking of obtaining a male (she
thinks Darwin is so cuddly).  My question is what breeders do people
recommend that are within several hours drive from Western Mass?  I
purchased my first three just over the border in Conn.  I understand many
people here have gotten theirs from New Hampshire.
        Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  If I decide
not to purchase a ferret just yet, I would still like to visit a couple
reputable breeders with my friend so she can see the many different
characterics (colors, sizes and personalities) of ferrets.
        Thanks for any assistance you can offer.  Andy, Ruck, Jumper and Darwin.