From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:29:08 -0500
Well, at 5:45 this evening, my little Angel became an angel.  She went
peacefully in my arms after her mercy shot.  I gave her the belly rub
that she loved so much until she stopped breathing.

Her breathing had become so labored by this afternoon that I could not
get her to eat her lunch and if I held her wrong, she would open her
mouth and gasp for air.  It was clearly time to let her go.

I'm glad I had today to spend with her.  We had some quiet time, with her
sleeping on my lap.  I reminded her of the bridge and that Molly and
Teddy would be so happy to see her.

It was destiny that brought us together at the Garden State Pet Expo in
April of 1996, and because of her I also have been able to love Teddy and
Fozzie.  She was my alpha female, the bully of the bunch, but never layed
a tooth on me.  She was a very smart, special little girl with an
unbridled love of life.  She constantly problem solved my ferret proofing
and she frustrated me beyond belief at times, but she was just being the
best ferret she could be.  She taught me a lot about patience, tolerance
and pure love.  She was incontinent from birth with ectopic ureters, so I
kept her dry with lots of fresh bedding and heiny wiping during playtime.
I wonder how many people would have just thrown her away because she was
defective....

She fought until the end to hold onto life, even with a huge belly full
of cancer.  She still wanted to go, go, go and I obliged by supporting
her belly so she could walk easier for the past two weeks and putting
Neosporin on her belly to soothe her rug burn.

The past two weeks she has been indulged with as many raisins, Foamy
Fries, N-Bones and Twizzlers as she wanted.  Even this morning, she
still drug a piece under the sofa, but she wouldn't eat it.

I will miss my little girl.  She joins Molly, Teddy, BJ and Kelsey at the
Bridge along with our cat Maddie.  My heart has suffered another loss and
now I have only Fozzie left of my seven ferrets.  I hope he will not be
too lonely.

Sandee, please watch for my little Angel.  You can't miss those striking
dark eyes against the French Vanilla fur.  She bore a remarkable likeness
to the Shefferman's Knuks, complete with gray stripe on her back and tail
when she was younger.

Hugs,
Dodie in NJ