From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 21:36:18 -0800
Remember the minks I wanted to set free when I was a small child?  (The ones
that were forever linked head to tail in my Grandma's fur collar).On
Christmas morning, my daughter came over and when I opened her gift it was
furry!  A note attached said " Remember the minks you wanted to cut loose so
they could play?  Someone already did-here's one of them.  Looks like a
ferret!" And it does!  A fake nose, no eyeballs, one hind leg with tiny
little claws in the foot-no ears-looks like a real fake ferret-but-I think
it might be real fur-just doctored to make it look more like one of those
old-timey ferret-minks.  Can I confess something?  I knew not what I did
many years ago-and bought a full-length mink from Sweden.  (Coat, guys) Wore
it once, saw a tv show about minks, realized they weren't rodents(not that
that should make a difference) Gave it away to my mom, she wore it once,
said she could not wear fur, sold it to a co-worker for 1/6 the price I paid
for it, just to give it a good home-think SHE has worn it twice in 5 years.
At least I have seen the light.  So don't hate me too much.  Meanwhile my
cat has bonded with the "mink" does this mean it is CAT fur?  We'll never
know.  Karen