From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:02:45 -0700
Hi All,

Remember my copyright violation by Webshots?  Well, my attorney in NY
issued a subpoena for the name of the user who posted my photos to that
site, and Webshots is compelled, and has agreed, to provide us with the
person's identity-- except that they cannot locate the user name that was
associated with the images.  I printed the pages showing my images but the
user's name doesn't appear on the pages with the images in small format.
My understanding is that when enlarging or downloading the images a user
name would have appeared.

Please, if anyone (Melissa or Jeanne, the orignial poster) has the user
name of the person that posted my ferret images to Webshots, can you please
let me know what it is?  I will then provide it to Webshots and they should
be able to give us the identity of the copyright violator.  My attorney can
proceed from there.  This violator really needs to be contacted or he/she
will continue the practice!

Thanks for your help.

Jeanne Carley

The Ferret Company