From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:04:43 -0400
 * Permission to Crosspost Granted *

I just spoke with Lori Sies and asked her to tell me what she needs so
folks could start sending stuff to help. Lori has 600 ferrets right now
and will be getting another 250 next weekend. Yes, ferrets ARE moving
out of there, but when they go 20 and 30 at a time, it's seems slow.

Here's how YOU can directly help Lori Sies and the DM kids:

1. Fleece scraps - 8" x 18". She does NOT have time to cut them so they
must be pre-cut to that dimension.

2. Throw away bedding. I know shelters all over the country have old
throw away bedding. Any kind -- sacks, hammies, whatever.

3. Lori has used alot of her good shelter bedding on the Mckay ferrets
because she had to. It would be nice if we could replenish her shelter
bedding stock as a small token of our gratitude.

4. KIBBLE: Totally Ferret, Zupreem or Path Valley ONLY.

5. Litter: No big surprise here. Lori buys her litter from Cinncinati
Lab Supply at 513-941-3343. I spoke with Mike this morning and briefed
him on what's going on. He was kind enough to offer to contact Zupreem
to see if they would donate food (YAY!!!!, what a nice guy!) and said
that ferret folks could call him and donate litter to Lori, using a
credit card. She uses Cellsorb, 40 lb bag, cost: $13.77 each. They will
be delivering to her NEXT THURSDAY, 9/27/07, just in time for the next
batch of DM furkids.

She also needs trash bags, paper towels, bleach, laundry detergent
and cleaner. Those people that are driving out to get ferrets or
to volunteer -- bring these items with you, or consider donating a
Walmart or Target card so lori can use it to purchase those things.

Please send your donations to:

Lori Sies
Ferrets Dream House Shelter
845 Tulip Road
Lynx, OH 45650

Thank you for helping Lori and all of the DM kids. Let's hope they get
to their new homes as quickly as possible.

Lisa Oestereich