Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:41:23 EDT
The ferrets had become SO upset at me locking them out of my life because
of the duckling that they could never come near, that they destroyed two
doors at the bottoms, and Mini-Me has reverted to biting badly multiple
times, and hissing.  The others that never had biting history had started
to bite me.

I read on this list that some doubt ferrets need human affection.  Mine
certainly have treats, each other, fresh Bob C. chicken soup, fresh water,
toys, etc.  But they did not have me for more than clean up, meds, nail
trims, a few kisses.  Then they were shuttled off.  I did not put a one
in a cage: just the ferret room.  The baby duckling needed me for food,
warmth, affection.

I think that each ferret has his or her own personality.  But all of My
ferrets have been upset, maybe jealous, angry: my arms are covered with
yellow and green bruises and scratches.

SOOO---My neighbor-who just loves the duckling-has taken the little guy to
her sons mansion for the next two weeks.  She will be with him 24 hours a
day.  She is mansion sitting.  I have given her all the info you all shared
with me, and the variety of foods you recommended.

This woman is a witch, or has an aura, or was an animal in another life.
My ferrets always want to go to her home.  So do the cats.  No where
else-just to see this one woman, or sit on her porch.  Something draws them
to her home.  They scratch on her door.  They sniff until I think their
noses are going to fall off.  They roll over and rub their chins and backs
on her carpeted doorstep.

My other neighbor and her husband need my care now.  Jim landed in
emergency with severe pain.  The Drs. fear it is lymphoma for several key
reasons.  We will know for sure next Tuesday.

His wife-the woman who helped me catch the duckling- She goes in to the
hospital for tests on Sat.  The Drs.  have been wishing her in for tests
for months.  They are concerned that she may have cancer.  Their cars are
in the shop.  So I am driving and running errands, and hospital visiting.
I doubt I will have time to chit chat until the two of them are out of the
hospital together.

But I will let you all know about the little ducky as soon as I know how
it fairs in a few weeks.  Until then, any free time--I need to make up
the damage I caused here.  Some of you guys write that ferrets are not
delicate, and I used to wonder if I was wrong in my assessment of my brood.

But MY ferrets ARE delicate.  A few days ignoring them, compared to how I
usually interact with them--and I seem to have traumatized them to some
degree.  I picked up Mini-Me---which I have been doing every day--but
tonight there was no duckling in the house.  Yet Mini-Me was shaking like
a leaf.

I did not just wake her up.  So that is not it.  She shook like that the
very first time that I brought her home.  She also hissed at me, and
quickly bit me over and over again.  She has not done that for weeks.

The other ferrets all came up on the bed to Bite Me!!!  And bite me some
more!!!!!!  EWven Sunny Rhino Mud!  Then they just lay there looking so
miserable all over the bed that I had no choice but to feel guilty.

My concentration is going to be a balance of helping two wonderful
neighbors and making up for the pain I caused my little ones: my sensitive,
delicate little ones.  We have just come from the pet store, then the park.
I have to work really fast on earning their forgiveness.

Otherwise?  They may eat me while I am asleep.

Let you know ducky news when I hear some.

Lisette and the emotionally upset ferrets.