From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:50:01 EDT
>My ferret turned 5 this month and while, for the most part, he's still the
>bouncing ball of fur he always was, I have noticed a trend in his bathroom
>habits over the last several months.  First, he is going more frequently
>than in the past and the amount is usually somewhat less each time.  In
>addition, he has gotten litterbox lazy

Please don't assume he is being lazy. I have a ferret with adrenal disease
and one of the symptoms was difficulty urinating and also defecating.

I really don't mean to scare you by hinting that he has adrenal disease.
He probably doesn't.  BUT if you have ANY doubts about his difficulty
urinating or defecating, please have him checked out by a vet.  Adrenal
disease is one possibility and can cause some serious problems in this
area if not treated.  I opted not to have srugery, for several reasons,
so Harry is on Lupron now and that does help (it doesn't cure the adrenal
disease but it can help the symptoms).

Perhaps someone out there can explain it better, but these symptoms can be
life-threatening if your ferret reaches the point where he is unable to go
to the bathroom!

Ronnie in Mass.