From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 06:47:06 +0100
I have been instructed by the NFWS Secretary to respond to the posting by
Simon Anthony Dyer on the FML of the 6th July 1999.  Why he saw fit to
post anything at all about the situation to the FML is totally beyond my
comprehension.  I don't think he'd even mentioned on the FML that he was
a member of the NFWS.

>Please note that Banbury Ferret Welfare, rescues and re-homes all ages of
>Ferrets, not just Kits.

>I am also an Area Agent for Companions Choice-Ferrets Choice products.
>This Welfare is no longer part of the NFWS.  The person running Banbury
>Ferret Welfare has his own "business" of Ferrets which are separate from
>the Welfare.

Why the change of heart over Ferrets Choice - you weren't exactly
complimentary about it during the dry food debate a few weeks ago on this
list?

Incidentally the NFWS is not a ferret rescue, however, some members of the
NFWS run rescues at their own expense.

>All ferrets in the possession of me are given equal love and attention,
>good food(C.C.) and veterinary inspection as needed.

Mr Dyer, please clarify the above statement.  It could read as though only
you know how to run a ferret rescue and that members of the NFWS who run
rescues don't love their ferrets and skimp on veterinary care.

>I have posted this for the benefit of clearing up some misunderstandings!
>Simon A.Dyer, Banbury Ferret Welfare and Brewer, former Banbury Micro
>Brewery, UK

What misunderstanding?  Are you referring to time when you were informed
that only clubs, welfares and societies who had been accepted as associated
members and had paid the appropriate subscription were the only ones
permitted to use the word Associated or Association, and you were requested
to remove the word from your web page.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 13 June 1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga & Holly