Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:37:26 -0700
Some new kids came in this weekend.  One was a cute little champagne who
had been tagged with the name Butter.  Butter....nah.  This little girl
was way too cute to go through life named after an artery clogging dairy
product.  So the new girl and I sat down to chat about it.  I asked her
what she thought of me changing her name to something more suited to her.
The word fairy popped into my head.  Surely she didn't want me to name
her something as generic as Fairy.  I pressed on and interpreted it to
mean that she would like to be named after a fairy.  Seemed appropriate
to me.  So off we went to the web to look up some fairy names.  Imagine
my surprise while surfing down the list to see that there was a fairy
named Buttercup.  I was forced to re interpret our communication.  What
she was actually trying to communicate to me is that she was already
named after a fairy and that her full name certainly did suit her very
well.

As she wishes, the name stays with a little added flair in keeping with
SUMS tradition....she will now be known as our little Fairy Buttercup.

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue