From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:12:04 -0400
Chere wrotes:
>What is the most up-to-date and safest treatment for Adrenal?

Depends on the ferret, the particulars and so on, Chere.  There is NO
fits-all-sizes answer.

Usually surgery is best and which technique is safest depends more on
the skills of the surgeon than anything.

If surgery is not possible due to medical considerations then Dr. Jerry
Murray, who is marvelous at endocrinology) recommends one month Lupron
often used in conjunction with melatonin, and with other meds for the
serious possible complications added as needed.  He prefers surgery
when possible.

His posts were carried (as part of my FHL co-moderator function) to the
FML so look for those in the FML Archives (URL is in the header of every
day's FML so it is especially easy to find any day it is needed.)  The
subject lines will include JM and FHL and the body will include the
specific meds' name(s).  For most people it will be easier to look at any
given day's FML header and go that way in searching than anything else.

If you go to
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
(which I find myself using almost daily) and search on the meds for some
of the complications (Propecia, Epogen, etc.) using AFERRETVET in the
from box to refine the search you will find some very useful past vet
posts.  This is another of my favorite sites.  Some others can be found
at http://www.ferretcongress.org