From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:29:41 -0600
Please send good thoughts our way for Nitrous, a sable ferret who came to
us with his sister Chevy.  They are older ferrets (4?) who were both almost
bald, and went in today for adrenal surgery.  Chevy's left adrenal was
swollen to four times its normal size, and her liver was damaged, but the
vet thinks the liver will recover.  Poor Nitrous, however, had to have both
adrenal glands and his spleen removed.  The next 24 hours are crucial for
them both, because we fear that if Nitrous dies his sister will also.  The
vet told us this morning that he thinks they have both had adrenal disease
for at least a year!  With a little help maybe we can get them both back on
their feet and to a new home where they can wardance (and they're wonderful
wardancers!) to their hearts content.

Sara and Kurt Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot Running Round You)

http://members.igateway.net/~furry