From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:58:22 -0600
So a few days ago I'm sitting on the bed reading, when Miss Lola-bop
appears.  She puts a gentle paw on my knee and oh-so-sweetly looks up at
me.  She's so incredibly cute I decide to give her a treat.  I look around
for the container of peanut butter Yogies (a BIG favorite with my girls)
which I have stupidly left on the floor, and (big surprise) it is nowhere
to be found.  I check all the usual hiding places and some of the
not-so-usual ones... no Yogies.  All this time I'm asking Lola "Where are
your treats?  Where did you hide them?  I can't give you any if can't find
them!" As I'm searching Miss Illura appears from under the bed, and Lola
hops over to meet her.  I continue my questioning and searching for quite
some time, until finally both ferrets emerge from the tube under the bed
with-- you guessed it-- the missing treats!  They had been hidden *inside*
the tube-- Illura shoved them out (amazingly still unopened) and Lola
grabbed the container by the bottom edge and pranced out with it.  Both
ferrets had an air of "ha ha, we sure tricked you, Ma!" about them, and
the thing is, they did!  Of course they finally got their treats and
enjoyed them greatly.  I know I'm not contributing to the heavier
discussions going on on the list with this story, but it was just too
good not to share.  They're too clever for their own good!

Rachel and the Yogi-stealing, human-tricking fuzzmonsters Illura and
Lola