From:
Karen Schuttinga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:28:25 -0400
Hi All,

My husband and I bought our 2nd little boy at the end of April.  He is
adorable and has quite the personality.  When we took him in to the vet for
his 1st visit, he was diagnosed as having a heart murmur.  Our vet wanted
us to drive an hour away and take him to a cardiologist (quite expensive!).
We opted to take him to another vet (who is very reputable in the area) for
a second opinion, and wouldn't you know it.  This vet found NOTHING wrong
with Bandit and sent him home with a clean bill of health.  We brought him
back to our regular vet, she again heard the murmur and again encouraged
us to go see a cardiologist.  Now, the ONLY way we have to indicate that
Bandit has something wrong with him, is the vet.  We watch both our boys
closely (I am a very paranoid mom!  :) ) for any kind of sickness.  And
ever since we got Bandit, he has never had any signs of any kind of
illness, (lathargic, weight loss, no appitite, icky looking poops).
Actually, all the signs indicate that he is totally healthy!  He eats like
a horse, poops (on the carpet) regularly, and has so much energy!  He is
approximately 4 to 5 months old, and weighs 2 1/2 pounds.  (He gained 1/2
pound in the last month!) I have received info on my vet to cause me to
double-guess her diagnosis, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice
for me.  With all the healthy, normal signs, should we be worried?  My
husband and I have only been owned by ferrets for 6 months now.

If you would like to e-mail me directly, my address is [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Karen & Scott
Milo(Yeow! Bandit, Stop biting, I am trying to SLEEP!!)
Bandit(Stop Screaming Milo!  Mom will come yell at me!)