From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:52 -0500
Hi, fuzzy-people!

Being the sometimes slow-on-the-uptake person that I am, it just now
occurred to me that there might be hope for getting my ferret-fix while I'm
living in pet-disallowed university housing.  Are there any of you out there
living in or near South Bend, IN who would be willing to meet up with a
ferret-starved Notre Dame student sometime for conversation and ferret fun?
If so, mail me...being able to interact with other people's ferrets would
help a little to alleviate my missing my own three.

>My 10 month old male Panda "Sprout" when awakened, is instantly awake and
>on the go......no stretching, no yawning, no lolling around.  Has anyone
>else seen this in their ferret?

Francine, this describes my 4-month old light sable boy, Loki, to a tee!  My
three will be laying in a pile in their hammock, and as soon as I walk in,
Loki is out of the hammock like a shot waiting for me to open the cage door,
while Zorro and Claudia have to stretch, yawn, shimmy, etc.  before they're
ready for play.  And when I open the cage door, he's always the first one
out, launching himself into my arms and giving me ferret kisses.  :)

Dooks to all,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki
"There in the midst of it so alive and so alone
Words support like bone."
                          --Peter Gabriel
                            "Mercy Street"